Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Grilled Sweet Potatoes

Sweet potatoes are probably one of my favorite things to eat ever. I like to make this grilled eggplant recipe using mint and feta, but the grocery store was fresh out of eggplant. I swapped sweet potato instead. I sliced the potatoes into thin disks, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick and tossed them in olive oil and salt. I grilled them just until they had nice grill marks on both sides. Finish them in the oven on 350. When they are hot out of the oven, sprinkle some crumbled feta over the hot potatoes. Then i drizzled them with a simple vinaigrette; olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, cumin, diced shallot, and a little bit of chili powder and cayenne pepper. I think it would be just as good with maybe goat cheese or some queso fresco. I didnt add any fresh herbs to this batch, but sprinkle whatever you have growing in the garden and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment