Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer white bean dip with pesto

So i went to one of my favorite okc restaurants, Cheevers, and split the white bean hummus appetizer with my girl Sica. It was delicious, but kind of heavy, and was topped with a pesto. I stole the idea and made my own. Hummus is one of the most delicious and healthy things you can eat. it is also SO EASY TO MAKE. take one can cannelini beans, one can chick peas, two cloves garlic, juice from one lemon, about two table spoons tahini, and a little salt in a food processor. blend until the mixture is smooth. for the pesto, i used some basil leaves, fresh from the farmers market, and some fresh flat leaf parsley. add the zest of one lemon, about three cloves garlic, salt, and a handful of almonds. I love adding almonds to pretty much anything i make in a food processor. extra protein and good fats, and they add some much needed texture to many things. blend all it in the food processor. Top the bean dip with a hefty
spoonful, or two, of the pesto and serve with veggies. my favorite is sliced english cucumber. or serve with pita if you dont care about carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment