Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Peach Cobbler!!!

It's summer, so cobbler is in order. My brother picked a whole bucket of peaches on the side of the road in norman. this lead to peach cobbler attempt number one. I chopped up the peaches then made a batter. I poured the batter into a cake dish then sprinkled in the peaches. It was good, but not quite a traditional peach cobbler. Very easier, and i think it would have worked better with berries. Attempt number two happened in edmond when my mom got some peaches from the farmers market. I used a recipe from my favorite gourmet cook book. You chop the peaches and let them soak in a little sugar, only 1/2 cup, lemon juice, and a drop of almond extract. The topping is a pastry topping; flour, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt and sugar, and buttermilk. I topped the peaches with dumpling sized balls of the topping. sprinkled with sugar and baked for 40 minutes on 400 degrees. It was perfect, not too sweet or too heavy. using only 1/2 cup of sugar was key.

No comments:

Post a Comment